Pictured above: Students building a snowman on campus. | Photo by Reggie Houser
- Sunday, Dec. 6: Quiet hours begin in the residence halls for finals week.
- Thursday, Dec. 10: Last day of class
- Friday, Dec. 11 (Dead Day): Non-returning students may check out.
- Monday, Dec. 14: Deadline to submit an Extended Stay Request
- Monday, Dec. 14 to Friday, Dec. 18: Final weeks
- Friday, Dec. 18: Residence hall check out. Halls close at 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 19: Fall Commencement
- Sunday, Dec. 20: Those with an Extended Stay Request should depart by noon.
- Thursday, Jan. 14: Halls open at noon.
All residence halls and Greek houses managed by Housing close at 5 p.m., Dec. 18.
Duncan Avenue Apartments, Gregson, Holcombe, Humphreys and the Northwest Quad halls will remain open.
You must complete a Winter Break checklist before leaving. Your resident assistant, or RA, will give you this checklist.
Complete and sign this document.
An RA will enter your room and verify that the checklist was followed.
Do not leave anything you need to access during Winter Break. Closed residence halls will be inaccessible to you during Winter Break.
General Checklist – Lists vary between buildings
Lock It Up
- Lock doors and windows
- Leave your blinds down and open
Unplug and Power Off
Unplugging your electronics at the wall saves energy and lower costs.
- Alarm clocks
- Hair dryers, irons, curling irons
- Coffee maker
- Computer, video game consoles
- TV and any other appliances
- Turn room thermostat down to 68 degrees
Fridges and Fish
- Refrigerators are to be empty, defrosted and unplugged. Please place a thick towel underneath the refrigerators to catch any excess moisture.
- Take your fish home for the holidays.
Take It With You
- Take your tickets for athletic events with you
- Seasonal clothing you no longer need
- Secure your bike or scooter in a proper location or take it home for the break period
Keep It Clean
- Remove trash from your room and properly dispose of it
- Remove any items/furniture blocking your heating/cooling unit
- Clear your floor of belongings as pipes can freeze, burst and cause flooding. Routine pest control by Orkin will also occur during the break. We don’t want your belongings getting treated with pesticides.
Extended Stay Requests
You must pick up an Extended Stay Request form in order to stay past 5 p.m., Dec. 18.
You can pick up this form up from your hall secretary. The request must be submitted by Monday, Dec. 14.
Extended Stay Requests end at noon, Sunday, Dec 20.
Parking and Transit Information
Resident reserved permit requirements will be enforced until 5 p.m. Dec. 18, 2015. Resident reserved lots will open to all permit types between Dec. 19 and Jan. 17.
Harmon, Garland, Meadow and Stadium parking garages require permits or payment year round.
Razorback Transit Schedule
- December 12: Reduced service from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- December. 14–18: Regular and evening reduced service from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- December 19-20: No night service (Safe Ride ends until Jan. 19)
- December 21-23: Reduced Service from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- December 24-January 4: No service
- January 4-16: Reduced service from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Full-bus service will resume Jan. 19. This includes night and weekend service on all regular routes.