Please be ready for a campus power outage from 5 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12. The outage is required as a primary metering cabinet is replaced.
This outage affects all buildings on the campus power grid. University Housing buildings that will not be affected include:
- University Housing Office
- Duncan Street Apartments
- Pike House
- Duncan House
- Markham House
- Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI)
When will the power be off?
- The power outage begins at 5 a.m. Tuesday. Not all of the campus will go dark at the same time.
- Different parts of the campus will have power restored at different times.
- All campus power will be restored no later than 6 a.m.
- If by 6:30 a.m., the power is not back on in your facility, something is wrong. Call Power Distribution at 200-4986, and they will respond promptly to the problem.
What should you expect during the power outage?
- No elevator service during the switching.
- Possible interruption of campus networking services, though the primary and back up data centers will be operational. Consult IT Services if there are specific concerns.
- No continuous space heating or air conditioning – However because of the short duration of the outage, buildings should have a stable space temperatures.
- No fume hood exhaust, unless the hood exhaust system is on emergency power.
Facilities Management Department recommends
- Shut down all computers, research instruments, servers, copy machines, routers and switches or any other electrical equipment.
- Secure all lab activities and research materials where possible. Lab hood exhaust will be disrupted.
- Stay out of the building elevators just prior to 5 a.m.
E-mail Scott Turley at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions prior to the outage
Call University Police at 479-575-2222 if you need non-emergency help during the event. Call 911 for an emergency response.