Pictured above: University sophomore, Kellen Wilson, works on an assignment for class while waiting for his seasonal Pecanye West latté to cool down. | Photo by Ashley Miller

Take Puritan on the go:

By Ashley Miller
University Housing Marketing Intern

Fayetteville is home

to countless unique staple businesses that give the town its iconic funk in “Keeping Fayetteville Funky”. One of the most notable and high-demand being the liquid gold of college students: coffee.

With its welcoming, authentic and aesthetically pleasing atmosphere, Puritan Brew Company is a definite coffee shop must for all university students.

The shop is interconnected with Fayettechill – a local Ozark clothing store developed by U of A student, Mo Elliott – creating the perfect Northwest Arkansas coffee and beer company. It’s spacious long tables, semi-private conference room and upper loft seating all contribute to Puritan’s irreplaceable culture and atmosphere.

Hannah Edwards, UA junior says “since it’s not just a coffee shop, but a [brewery] as well, there’s a lot more different people than just college kids. It’s a lot cooler than I thought.” Edwards describes Puritan as an extremely people-oriented place where nearly every person will invite you to sit with them, regardless of the day you are having.

With taking your first step onto the wooden wrap around deck, you feel an automatic difference in atmosphere. There’s an instant calming and stress-free ambiance before even walking inside. It’s a hidden gem of sorts, always present and always open to the next person walking by.

"It’s a place where I can go, know I’ll see all my friends, have good conversations and get all my work done.”

University students gather around Puritan’s conference tables to socialize and study after Wednesday classes.

“Puritan is the chillest place ever” Jacob Frears, senior says. “It’s a place where I can go, know I’ll see all my friends, have good conversations and get all my work done.”

The community, various drinks and experience found at Puritan is unlike any other place in the Northwest Arkansas region. With long hours of operation being Monday-Wednesday 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. and Thursday-Saturday 7 a.m. – midnight, there’s a time for everyone to go. Even on a college student budget, you can still enjoy this great Fayetteville find when its batch coffee is only $2 a mug.

Located on the busy and lively Dickson street, the shop is a well-needed pause in the chaotic life style that surrounds college.

About Fayetteville Secrets: Fayetteville Secrets are a collection of articles written by University of Arkansas students about things they love about the city and Northwest Arkansas. They solely reflect the opinion of the author and are not an endorsement of a business by the University of Arkansas.

Find your way below--

205 W Dickson St, Fayetteville, AR 72701

Find your way: