University Housing will again give away iPad Minis to those who submit the best picture or video that documents Move-In 2016.
The Make #UARKHome competition allows on-campus students to document what they feel makes the University of Arkansas a second home to them.
Two on-campus students will receive an iPad Mini. Submit your entry by using the hashtag #UARKHome on Instagram.
Example submissions include a quick video or picture of of your decorated room, a beautiful landscape from on campus, or time spent with the friends.
“Move in is a big story at the university. It’s not one that is told by the institution. It’s told by the students who are arriving; who are starting a new chapter in their life,” said Christopher Spencer, Housing’s assistant director for marketing and strategic communications.
“This competition helps us decentralize the story and lift up the really awesome ways that our incoming students connect with campus and one another.”
Last year there were 50 submissions. The iPads Minis given away are courtesy of Cox Communications.
- The competition is only open to on-campus students.
- You must use the hashtag #UARKHome in an Instagram post to submit your entry for consideration.
- Special consideration is given to the resident assistants who work during move in.
- The competition will continue from today until Sunday, Aug. 11.
- A panel of judges will decide the top two entries.