University Housing wants your help welcoming the newest class of Razorbacks to Fayetteville.
Campus and community volunteers are needed to help students move into their on-campus homes on two days: Saturday, Aug. 17, and Monday, Aug. 19. Our busiest day for Move-In 2019 will be on Saturday, Aug. 17, so volunteer assistance on that day will be beneficial (and our students and families will also appreciate your assistance).
Every member of the University of Arkansas and the Fayetteville community is invited to join and there are opportunities for everyone to help.
Sign up today as an individual or group using GivePulse.
The final day to register is 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13.
- Free lunch
- Free University of Arkansas-branded hat
- The satisfaction of helping our on-campus students move in to their new home
- You will receive a special move-in hat from University Housing.
- Volunteer locations will be focused on the south and central areas of campus.
- You can sign up for specific shifts on the GivePulse page for Move-in volunteers.
- Move-in volunteer duties may include parking lot management, traditional move-in assistance (carrying items), assisting at a front desk or check-in tent, helping out in the elevators, hospitality and providing directions to students and their families/guests.
Housing reserves the right to make final assignments based on need.
Move-in is a fun event that brings faculty, staff, registered student organizations and the community together. Housing depends on the hard work and smiling faces of volunteers during move-in.
“Each year, students and their families rave about our fantastic volunteers and the welcoming atmosphere of the University of Arkansas,” said Felisha Perrodin, organizer of volunteers.
“Volunteers are essential to the move-in process, and we know that our students would not have the best experience without the large campus and community’s participation.
“While much of the work is in hot conditions, we believe this first contact with students sets an example for the rest of students’ time at the University of Arkansas,” she said.
For more information, contact Perrodin at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 575-3087.
This story original appeared July 16 in University of Arkansas News.