We’re back with more frequently asked questions (FAQs) about getting the most out of technology on campus.

Check out the first post from Sept. 4.

How do I connect to campus Wi-Fi?

The fastest, most secure Wi-Fi network on campus is UARK Wi-Fi. Select the network on your device and log in with your UARK username and password. 

If you are having trouble reconnecting to UARK Wi-Fi, “forget” the network and try again. Learn more about campus Wi-Fi

How do I setup my email on a smartphone or tablet?

Visit the UARK Gmail Setup page for instructions on setting up email on your computer and mobile devices. 

Where can I borrow tech equipment? 

Borrow laptops, mics, digital cameras, projectors, etc. from the Student Technology Center’s equipment checkout desk. Learn more about equipment checkout.

I need special software for a class. Where do I go? 

Students, faculty and staff have access to Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, antivirus and other software free of charge or at reduced prices. Browse the Get Software list to get started.

Are there recommended computers or tablets for students?

Where do I go if my computer breaks?

Visit the Computer Store, located in the Garland Center across from the Northwest Quad. They are certified to repair Apple & Dell systems. 

For a short-term solution, you can check out a laptop from the Student Technology Center.

I need help from a real person. Where do I go? 

Visit the IT Help Desk in the Arkansas Union. 

Monday to Thursday – 7 a.m. to midnight 
Friday – 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. 
Saturday – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 
Sunday –  3 p.m. to midnight

This article was contributed by University of Arkansas Information Technology Services.